Epic Games has announced that the next patch update for Fortnite, version 2.2.0, will release on January 18. This new update includes big map updates with new new city, underground mine and a number of other brand new locations on the west side of the map.
Here’s the new map update trailer:
In addition, Epic has announced a Battle Pass bonus for users who buy the Season 3 Battle Pass:
- Get a free 5 tier head start in Season 3 when you purchase the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Buy ten Battle Pass tiers for the price of six with this special bundle in the store. On sale now for a limited time!
Update 2.2.0 Patch Notes – Battle Royale:
- Removed the Scoped AR from Supply Drops.
- Updated the scope for the Scoped AR.
- Replaced the old arrow reticle with a more modern design. It should be easier to tell where you are aiming and where your crosshair actually is.
- The Snowball Launcher has been replaced by the normal Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly increased the size of the grenade (loot).
- Fixed frag and smoke grenades exploding on impact when hitting shallow water.
- Fixed an issue where the grenade toss animation ended prematurely when tossing the last grenade in a stack.
- The Boogie Bomb effect will now kick players out of weapon targeting.
- Players can no longer place traps while affected by the Boogie Bomb.
- Explosion effects now play properly on water surfaces.
- Friendly Fire is now disabled. This is exploratory and subject to change. We will be closely evaluating this and want your feedback!
- Players will now immediately aim their weapon upon landing on the ground if they press and hold the aim button while in the air.
- Pickups no longer take priority over reviving DBNO squad members.
- Empty chests and metal street lights will no longer block players from building.
- Corn stalks are now destroyed upon taking any damage.
- Adjusted how ammo crates drop ammo so that they don’t overlap the ammo box itself.
- Attempting to use a scope while playing an emote will now cancel the animation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up eliminated player’s items.
- Fixed a few issues which caused supply drops to pass through player built structures.
- Fixed an issue which caused a trap to deal no damage if a ramp or roof is placed in front of the trap.
- Build mode visuals no longer persist when using a Launch Pad or when knocked into the DBNO state.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to see through the smoke grenade effect while scoped.
- You can now move forward and backward while gliding when facing straight up and down.
- The Cozy Campfire trap no longer heals eliminated players.
- Fixed an issue which caused the glider to sometimes deploy sideways after using a launchpad.
- The map has been updated with many new points of interest, biomes, and more!
- Players now interact with grass and foliage as they walk through it.
- Added water effects when entering and exiting water.
- Added a new post-process effect for when your camera goes below the water surface.
- It will now look like you are actually underwater, and you can no longer see for an infinite distance.
- Added Ammo Boxes to Dusty Depot.
- Increased the amount of metal harvested from shipping containers.
- Water no longer blocks bullets and projectiles.
- Starting on January 17th, 2018 players should see six daily store slots instead of four.
- Starting on January 21st, 2018 the Weekly Item shop is changing to the Featured Item Shop.
- Offers will update twice weekly instead of once.
- Sniper elimination feed messages now include elimination distance in meters.
- When spectating a far away player, a “loading” message may be displayed for a short time, and the game world will appear after loading completes. You cannot switch to another spectated player until the load completes.
- The “Reset Building Choice” option now defaults to “Off” in Battle Royale.
- Added a new option to select which voice chat input device to use.
- The “Select Mode” button is now greyed out and unselectable after readying up.
- When selecting “Report Player” the “Name” field will no longer auto-fill the the player’s own name.
- Adjusted the “Cancel/Unready” button so it looks more like the “Ready” button.
- The “Press E to Pickup” prompt no longer persists for DBNO players.
- Fixed an issue that made the voice chat icon appear to be active if the player disabled their voice chat while it was active.
- Fixed an issue which caused the revive icon to remain over a player if two players revived them at the same time.
- Players will now be able to unready if the party leader cancels matchmaking while in the “Loading Content” phase.
- The matchmaking UI will now properly update when joining a different Battle Royale lobby while the user is set to Ready.
- Fixed local user always showing up in the global leaderboard with 0 wins if they aren’t in the global top 50 list.
- Added level streaming, which loads the world on-the-fly as you move around, enabling a richer map and improved performance.
- Improved frame rate by greatly reducing the number of objects that need to be updated.
- Loading times have been greatly improved. It’s over twice as fast to load into the match on PS4 and Xbox One!
- Loading content before matchmaking now completes quicker.
- Greatly reduced hitching when garbage collecting memory every minute.
- Greatly reduced hitching caused by updating objects when the time of day changes from day to night, and vice-versa.
- Reduced the amount of system and GPU memory used.
- Optimized the visual effects played when distant buildings are hit.
- Improved overall frame rate by optimizing how player animation and footsteps are handled.
- Cozy Campfire and Boogie Bomb items no longer cause a hitch when seen the first time in a match.
- Encountering players with specific skins for the first time in a match no longer causes a hitch.
- Greatly improved the visual quality of distant trees by using impostor billboards instead of regular meshes. This also improves overall frame rate and reduces visual popping as you approach the trees.
- Fixed an issue that could cause remote players to look like they have stopped animating.
- Improved the “Ride the Pony” animation so the character’s arm no longer pops.
- Players will no longer appear as if they are still holding a weapon after being hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the character’s launch animation from playing if a Launch Pad is placed directly at a player’s feet.
- Adjusted the color of the Shield Potion so that’s easier to see.
- Fixed an issue that caused teammates to appear stuck in the sliding animation if they were knocked DBNO while in the air or sliding.
- Cozy Campfire special effects are now visible on low and medium settings.
- Added new audio for pickaxes that were previously using default swing sounds.
- Added a pick-up sound effect for the damage trap.
- Fixed an issue which caused footstep sounds to play at an incorrect cadence or not at all while a player is not on screen.
- Consumable item audio is now adjusted with the SFX volume slider rather than the Dialogue slider.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to hear bullet “whiz-by” sounds from their own shots.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a falling wind sound to loop repeatedly after being eliminated.
- Gunfire audio will no longer pan to the left & right as you move away from where you shot.
- Reduced volume of consumable pick-up sounds.
- Reduced volume of collection sound when harvesting wood.
- Fixed issues with rapid left/right panning when dropping weapons, and attempting to build in an invalid location.
- Removed the jarring stone impact sound from the AC/DC pickaxe.
- Voice chat now supported in the pre-game lobby.
Cosmetic items can now be rotated in the locker and store pages. Left click and drag or use the right thumbstick on the controller to rotate them.
- Removed the winter theme from the pre-game lobby.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to get credit for completing challenges that were not completed.Fixed an issue which allowed aim assist to function while using a mouse.
- Friend requests can now be sent to players that have left the match, using the + icon next to their name.
- Clicking “Join” on a Discord invite when the client is not open would will no longer cause you to fail when trying to join a party.
PATCH NOTES – SAVE THE WORLD:
- Shielders will now properly drop quest items for “Loks Book of Monsters” quest.
- Fixed an issue with the Grenade Generation perk. The player is now rewarded with a grenade after eliminating 20 enemies rather than 21.
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe heavy attack was not harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue where the Shielder enemy would flicker after the Husk it was shielding was defeated.
- Fixed an issue that caused quest highlights on objects to disappear when building near the object.
- Fixed an issue that caused some parties to disband after a game.
- Added clarification to the tooltip of the Constructor ability, “DECOY”.
- It now states it’s made of metal, and thus vulnerable to nature damage.
- Impact from abilities will now properly scale with Hero Ability Damage. As a result abilities will now correctly stagger, stun, and knockback enemies at high levels.
- Fixed an issue where proximity mines wouldn’t disappear when the player who placed them left the match or died.
- Fixed an issue where frag grenades could still be used even when the player didn’t have enough stamina to use it.
- Fixed an issue where the Soldier’s “Advanced Tactics” health bonus wasn’t properly scaling in the late game.
- Fixed an issue where the Frag Grenade perk “Cluster Bomb” was triggering twice rather than just once.
- Fixed the tool-tip for Air Strike which incorrectly stated that Air Strike drops 12 bombs, instead of 13.
- Fixed an issue where the Outlander Fragment abilities TEDDY and Shock Tower weren’t receiving the energy damage bonus from the Energized support perk.
- The Commander XP curve has been inflated to make way for front-end crafting. This is to ensure that low-value items (e.g. ammo) are worth at least 1 Commander XP when crafted in the main menus.
- Commander XP will appear larger than it did previously, but the amount of Commander XP you have earned toward your next level has been preserved, and the time it takes to level up remains unchanged.
- Increased players’ current Daily Bonus XP and current Boost XP reserves to match the new Commander XP scale.
- Squad screens will no longer show health and shield as being buffed at all times. It will instead properly show the buff/debuff arrows on health and shield stats when previewing slotting.
- Fixed a localization issue in the Transform menu.
- Fixed an issue where the game background would move while using a controller to view the mission details.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to lose menu functionality after leaving a party.
- Fixed a Research skill tree node that was missing a prerequisite.
- Now the Research Tier 3 Party Resistance node requires Party Tech and Party Resistance.
- Fixed an issue where recent player lists weren’t populating immediately after a game.
- Corrected flame animation rotation on the Lobber head.
- Searched chests and containers will no longer block players from building.
- Cornstalks are no longer searchable.
- Your game window will now properly appear on the primary monitor.
- Fixed a rare crash on Xbox One.
SOURCE: Epic Games
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here’s how you can get it.
The Dish Destroyer pickaxe is another free cosmetic you can get in Chapter 3 Season 3 if you haven’t already. Here’s how to get the pickaxe right into your locker.
Fortnite players sure love freebies that the developers give them away each season. From a free Refer-A-Friend skin to a slurpy back bling that you can get upon completing quests, players have faithfully completed every task that Epic has asked them to claim the free reward.
However, over the course of several seasons now, getting these freebies is starting to feel too much work to some players. Epic continues to add away free content, but players are asked to put in the work in order to claim these rewards.
This time around, there’s a new item on the block, The Dish Destroyer Pickaxe, which you can get in Fortnite now by doing a few simple steps. Here’s how you can get it in Season 3.
Get the Dish Destroyer Pickaxe in Fortnite now
Nvidia’s cloud gaming platform GeForce Now was launched earlier this year when players were able to stream Fortnite on any device if they were a member of the service. This also allowed iOS users to stream the game on their phones despite the Apple vs. Epic lawsuit.
In a recent tweet, Nvidia announced that Fortnite players will be able to redeem a free Dish Destroyer Pickaxe if they stream Fortnite on their GeForce Now enabled devices until August 4, 2022. Players who are members of the exclusive service will only be able to redeem this for free in-game.
However, in another announcement, Epic told its player base that the pickaxe is not exclusive to GeForce Now but will also be available in the Item Shop at a later date. This means that those who aren’t able to redeem the free pickaxe using their GeForce Now memberships will have a chance to buy it using V-Bucks in the Item Shop.
The cost of the pickaxe has not been revealed as of yet as players believe that it will be released once the limited window of August 4 for GeForce Now members have expired. As soon as we get any news on its Item Shop release, we’ll be sure to update this article.
GeForce Now players have had the perks of free rewards ever since the service allowed players to experience the thrill of Fortnite anywhere on their devices. Falling in line is XCloud’s gaming service which has become extremely popular amongst Xbox players.
For more, check out our guide on How to use Ice Cream cones in Fortnite Season 3.
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the game where players are getting empty loot chests. Here’s the latest on that.
Fortnite players have finally given up on the game due to its never-ending glitches and bugs that affect their overall gameplay experience. The latest glitch in the game is teleporting chest loot to a different location, and it’s getting pretty annoying for players.
Player feedback is one of the many things Epic takes very seriously that it aims to fix in every major weekly update or minor hotfixes from time to time. Often there are times when these bugs can get pretty annoying as they affect the overall gameplay experience for the player.
Fortnite players have seen bugs ranging from being stuck under the map or taking fall damage after jumping off a launch pad. From pros to content creators, each one of them took to social media to call on the developers to “fix the game”.
However, a recent update, v21.30, left a bug that has tested the patience of every Fortnite player active this season – potentially the most annoying Fortnite bug of all time. Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Fortnite bug teleports chests loots to other locations
A strange Fortnite bug that is going viral right now on social media is the Loot Chests bug. It all began when Epic added the update v21.30 and introduced players to this year’s summer event, No Sweat Summer.
The update also saw the addition of Prime Shotgun which is considered to be the best shotgun in Chapter 3. While all the additions are fascinating and exciting to the players, the bug the update left in the game is still haunting players who are failing to win a game like they used to.
The bug, as shown in the clip above, teleports the chest loot to a nearby location outside if a player opens a chest box inside a building. This is pretty annoying as it doesn’t let the player farm loot fast as they usually would while landing on a hot drop.
Players have already started uploading their clips of the loot chest bug and are calling out the game to come out and fix this issue. This bug also creates double the work for those players who like to play a fast-paced Battle Royale match.
Joining in the conversation are a few FNCS players who feel that this bug might cost them several games where they would end up losing on a major competitive level. The entire community has joined hands together to ask the developers to fix the game at the earliest.
- Read More: Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
While Fortnite has not addressed this issue on their social media handles or on the Trello board could also mean that players in higher ping regions might be the only ones experiencing the bug. However, the player base is still keeping their hopes high to get these issues fixed as soon as possible.
As bugs and glitches continue to add to several issues Fortnite is filled with, events like No Sweat Summer keep the community excited for more in-game content and freebies that they can get. The challenges for No Sweat Summer are live in-game now and players can redeem their share of rewards upon completing them.
For more, check out our article on Fortnite introducing the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30.
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here’s all about the new shotgun.
Prime Shotgun is another addition to Fortnite this season in terms of weaponry that has been added to the game. Here is all about the latest shotgun that was introduced in v21.30 and what players think of it.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 has been a joyride for both OG and new players alike. The new mechanics, the reality bloom spreading everywhere, and the addition of new weapons to the game have kept the community satisfied so far.
However, during the beginning of Chapter 3, the shotgun meta was deemed to be the worst shotguns the game had added to the game. The Striker Pump, Ranger, and Auto Shotguns were weapons that players had deemed incompetent to other shotguns in Fortnite.
Much so, even the newly released Two Shot Shotgun couldn’t impress the players with its faster fire rate and damage. So, Epic decided to throw a new shotgun into the mix to seek player reactions and improve the messed-up shotguns in-game.
Prime Shotgun is the new community favorite shotgun in Fortnite
Prime Shotgun was added in the latest update v21.30 to the unvaulted weapons arsenal in Fortnite. The shotguns were the second one introduced to the player base apart from the Two-Shot shotgun.
It holds 4 bullets in a clip and promises heavy damage on the first shot fired from a fully loaded clip. The 3 shots that follow inflict lower damage than that of the first one.
When a player reloads the shotgun, 3 blue dots appear on the gun with the red dot being the first shot being loaded. This brings back the memories of the infamous “One Shot Meta” from the OG days when the community used to perform using a Pump Shotgun.
Pros like NickEh30 sang high praise of the Prime Shotgun as the weapon contains elements of the OG pump in terms of range, accuracy, and firepower. Other pros like SypherPK & Ninja also commented their thoughts on the gun which were highly positive.
With the recent Fortnite update, leaks have also been floating around about the No Sweat Summer and Ice Cream cone consumables that the player base can see in-game in the coming days. However, an official announcement has been made about the same on the official blog website of Fortnite.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...