Epic has released the patch notes for Fortnite v4.5.0 featuring the much anticipated Playground mode, the new ‘Dual Pistols’ weapon and more. Here’s everything you need to know:
Dual Pistols (Battle Royale)
Experience two times the fun and firepower with Dual Pistols, the newest weapon introduced to Battle Royale.
Playground LTM (Battle Royale)
Train, explore, battle! Show us your creativity in the new Playground LTM as you drop onto the island with up to 3 friends.
Map Markers (Battle Royale)
Go towards the light! Visual indicators are now shown in-game wherever friendly map markers are placed.
Limited Time Modes
Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!
- You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
- Friendly Fire is on
- Players respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
Final Fight Teams of 12
Make it to the final circle and then fight for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the storm circles closing all the way in, they stop part way through the match.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the Final Countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
Weapons + Items
- Dual Pistols Added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 41-43 base damage.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Shoots both pistols with one pull of the trigger.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
- Does not use first shot accuracy.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Significant jumps that are landed with the Shopping Cart now appear in the elimination feed (height, distance, and time).
- Weapon damage to structures now correctly scales with rarity.
- Shotgun damage to structures has been reduced by 50% for Pump Shotgun, and 25% for both Tactical Shotgun and Heavy Shotgun.
- Explosions now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- We’re making the following changes to further solidify the identities and strengths of Tactical and Silenced SMGs.
- Tactical SMG
- Removed first shot accuracy.
- Increased base accuracy by 25%.
- Lowered the sprinting accuracy penalty by 15%.
- Lowered the ADS bonus by 10 %.
- Increased damage by +2.
- Silenced SMG
- Increased base accuracy by 10%.
- Increased ADS accuracy bonus by 20%.
- Increased damage by +2.
- Tactical SMG
- Shotgun ammo now drops in stacks of 4 instead of 5.
- Grenade Launcher visuals have been temporarily changed to shoot fireworks instead. This is a cosmetic change only.
- Boogie Bomb explosions are no longer blocked by vehicles.
- Thermal Scoped Rifle will now consistently exhibit intended accuracy while in scoped in.
- Clingers can no longer stick to players through the ceiling or floor.
- Spike traps placed on a ceiling no longer damage players on the floor above.
- The Thermal Scoped Rifle no longer highlights opened chests.
- Weapons will no longer appear to fire while switching weapons under certain network conditions.
- Progress for elimination quests will now be granted if you down an enemy with the required weapon rather than needing to actually eliminate them with it.
- In Build Mode, walls will now try to build at a closer location when placement is blocked due to lack of structural support. Stairs, Floors, and Roofs are not affected.
- Auto-open doors no longer functions while in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Pickaxes will no longer hit the Shopping Cart if you are riding as the passenger.
- Players in the Down-But-Not-Out state can no longer enter Shopping Carts.
- Improvements made to the auto pickup weapons feature to better handle picking up large groups of weapons.
- Items dropped in water now stay above the water’s surface.
- Excessive fall damage is no longer applied when under certain network conditions.
- Supply Drop crates no longer briefly persist in the world after being opened if it was shot down.
- Smoothed out the location of all soccer balls and basketballs while under varying network conditions.
- Players are no longer able to hit building weak spots through other buildings.
- Having the Sprint Cancels While Running setting turned on will no longer prevent players from auto-reloading their weapon after sprinting.
- Fixed an issue that applied a constant force to players if they were hit by a Shopping Cart.
- Doors that are interacted with multiple times rapidly no longer get out of sync with their state on the server.
- Fixed an issue where if a player was using a consumable and then exchanged it for a different pickup, it would select the pickaxe instead of the new item.
- Chests no longer create invalid pickups, such as a 2x Chug Jug instead of 2 individual Chug Jug pickups.
- This created an issue that caused players to be unable to pick up building materials.
- Players are now awarded an elimination if the opposing player bounced off terrain and took fall damage before taking enough damage to be eliminated.
- Fixed a small number of accounts that had incorrect Week 5 Challenges.
- Mushrooms no longer spawn on trees in Moisty Mire.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ability to open chests by preemptively holding the interact button while approaching the chest.
- Fixed a gap in the terrain that was caused by the sporting goods store in Greasy Grove being slightly moved by accident.
- Improved performance of skydiving on all platforms (especially Switch), by reducing rendering related CPU hitches
- Fixed a source of hitching on Xbox one. In rare instances, this was causing up to 2-second hitches for some players
- Improved framerate around swing-sets by adjusting physics.
- Improved performance by doing less work when players are moving outside of your view.
- Improved performance for moving ammo and weapon pickups.
- Improved player movement updates in large team games. This should make the movement of other players appear smoother.
- Fixed skydiving rings ticking the entire match.
- Improved framerate around swing-sets by adjusting physics.
- Changes to enemy building audio (friendly building audio remains the same).
- Increased volume of enemy building audio.
- Increased range of enemy building audio by 2 building tiles.
- Added variation to water footsteps on mobile and Nintendo Switch platforms.
- Re-balanced bass content for surround sound mix.
- Reallowed the first few milliseconds of audio to play if an emote is triggered while jumping.
- Suspension audio on cars is no longer spammed when jumping or sliding off of them.
- Shopping Carts no longer spam their collision audio if flipped upside down.
- Fixed issue that caused doors to play an open and a close sound when opened.
- Fixed the slowed audio for the Step it Up emote.
- The switch seat icon is now hidden when you can’t switch seats.
- The minimap now draws the whole map and bus paths instead of nothing when on the Starter Island.
- Existing map markers are removed when landing after jumping from the Battle Bus to reduce map clutter.
- Custom voice chat output devices can be selected on PC.
- Removed damage numbers from Shopping Carts and added a health bar.
- HUD Elimination and Down-But-Not-Out notifications have received updated animations.
- Damage numbers no longer overlap if damage is done to both shield and health.
- Object stacks no longer appear as 0 ammo when looted.
- Map marker icons now properly appear even while on the Starter Island.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes map markers wouldn’t be removed when pressing right click and moving the mouse slightly.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to drop or split an item after dropping a full stack of items.
Art + Animation
- The cape on the Battlehound* Outfit is now available as Back Bling.
- Added capes to the Ventura* and Venturion* Outfits.
- *Anyone who purchased these Outfits has been granted the Back Bling to be used on any other Outfit.
- Visual effects for the Oracle Axe Pickaxe and Ominous Orb Back Bling now appear correctly on consoles.
- Back Bling no longer appears in low detail while spectating players.
- Removed ProAm replays from the Replay Browser.
- Replay Browser entries will now scroll if text doesn’t fit.
- The Replay Browser no longer loses gamepad focus if chat window is opened.
- The shield bar no longer incorrectly fills and empties when switching between players in spectator mode.
- Storm effects no longer get stuck on players that were in the Storm while being spectated even after leaving the Storm or after switching to a new player.
- Added settings on mobile for low power mode and scalability.
- Improved touch interaction logic to be more consistent and reliable.
- Touch rotation sensitivity in the locker has been reset.
- Vibration setting no longer resets to the wrong value on mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where lower end mobile devices weren’t displaying the whole island while on the bus.
- Volume on mobile devices will no longer occasionally become muted.
SOURCE: Epic Games
Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
Anime fans in the Fortnite community are waiting for the Dragon Ball Z crossover, and leaks have confirmed that it will bring in Beerus.
Fortnite v21.30 update introduced a ton of new content and the files now have more Dragon Ball Z elements. From skins for Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta to a Bulma reference, here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite players were certainly shocked when they came across leaks regarding a Dragon Ball Z crossover. Both waves of the Naruto cosmetics were a massive hit in the Item Shop and it is evident that the developers now wish to capitalize on other popular anime series.
Leaks previously revealed that four skins will arrive in the first-ever Dragon Ball Z x Fortnite crossover, and one of them is going to be Beerus.
Fortnite is working on a Beerus skin for the Dragon Ball Z crossover
As per prominent leaker HYPEX, Epic Games is working on a purple skin codenamed ‘Cat’. For anyone who’s watched Dragon Ball Z, this isn’t a tough one to crack. Beerus, the god of destruction of Universe 7, perfectly fits this description.
With this, three skins have been confirmed for the upcoming DBZ crossover:
The fourth skin will be a female character according to leaks, and it is safe to assume that it will be Bulma.
Following the v21.30 update, HYPEX discovered that one of the Fortnite x DBZ quests will have a beach umbrella setup. This could be a reference to many things like the Kame House, Bulma, or Beerus but it is too early to confirm it.
The Creative Stamina item that started all the rumors about the crossover will also be available on the map. It might be a part of some quests or the developers might just tease the crossover through it.
Last but not least, the Attack Pods from Dragonball will arrive as Gliders in Fortnite. The 21.30 patch added a glider texture with a striking resemblance to these pods and even its codename, StaminaVigor, suggests that it is related to DBZ.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z crossover to have a special event screen, quests, and rewards
It seems like the DBZ crossover will be quite similar to Naruto. Players can look forward to taking part in challenges that will grant them free DBZ-themed skins. Obviously, this will be accompanied by Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus outfits in the Item Shop.
The official website for the DBZ crossover is in the works. It should become functional by August, which is also when Epic Games will officially announce the collaboration.
As of now, this is everything we know about the upcoming DBZ x Fortnite crossover. The next update for Chapter 3 Season 3 will be out after four weeks, and until then, players can enjoy the new summer-themed content.
Fortnite update v21.30 patch notes: No Sweat Summer event, Prime Shotgun, more
Fortnite v21.30 is finally here. From the No Sweat Summer event to new POIs to weapons, here’s everything that arrived with it.
Ahead of the developers’ summer break, Fortnite has released the v21.30 update. It has arrived with the No Sweat Summer event, map changes like Daily Bloomgle, new Prime Shotgun, and more.
The hype for Fortnite v21.30 was sky-scraping because Epic Games will soon go on a break till the second week of August. This means that the battle royale title won’t experience any live changes for the upcoming weeks, and the latest update should ensure that the community doesn’t get bored.
Fortnite v21.30 brings in a No Sweat Insurance NPC, summer-themed POI, and new No Sweat Summer event quests
Fortnite players desperately wanted to celebrate the summer in battle royale modes this time. Luckily, the No Sweat Summer event is here with the v21.30 update.
No Sweat Insurance quests will replace the Vibin quests for the next four weeks as the Scientist’ research regarding the Reality Tree will be halted temporarily.
No Sweat Summer quests
The latest No Sweat Summer quests in Fortnite are:
- Land after jumping from the Battle Bus during the No Sweat Summer event
- Carry the No Sweat sign and place it at a sponsorship location
- Complete a lap around the boat race circuit after the starting countdown
- Make a Character dance to a Boogie Bom
- Emote at different promotional dance floor locations
- Ring doorbells until they break
- Catch 3 seconds of air while driving a Motorboat
- Remove No Sweat signs from recalled products
- Place the No Sweat signs in an official bin
- Pop No Sweat Summer inflatable objects
- Jump on umbrellas along the beach
- Kick a beach ball and kick a giant beach ball
- Fire off the Firework Flare Gun at Mighty Monument or Tilted Towers
- Bust through doors in different neighborhoods
- Destroy large sea buoys with Motorboat Missiles
These quests will grant 15k XP each and a new Sweaty Sailer umbrella glider will be a free reward for completing them. The quests also indicate that the Boogie Bombs will return soon. The goofy item has been a fan-favorite for ages, and it makes perfect sense for it to return during a Vibin’ themed season.
New summer-themed NPCs will now roam around the island. These include:
- Beach Bomber
- Summer Drift
- The Underwriter
- Boardwalk Ruby
The Underwriter is the newest NPC in Fortnite and represents the New Sweat Insurance building from Tilted Towers. In contrast, Unpeely, Beach Bomber, and Boardwalk Ruby are famous characters who always return during the summer.
Fortnite community to vote for Tilted Tower buildings through Rebuild the Block quests
The restoration of Tilted Towers began in Chapter 3 Season 3. Fortnite asked map builders to come up with their best building designs and nine buildings have made the cut.
In the coming weeks, players will donate bars for the construction projects in Tilted Towers. The building design with the most votes will officially become a part of the POI. This will also help players in completing the Rebuild The Block quests:
- Donate Bars voting for construction projects on The Block
- Survive Storm Phases during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Eliminate enemy players during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Complete Rebuild the Block quest stages (3/7/12).
It is clear that we’ll witness new Rebuild The Block quests every week and the developers are yet to reveal the subsequent stages.
To be fair, the XP crisis in Chapter 3 Season 3 could come to an end now as every Rebuild The Block quest will reward players with 14,000 XP.
New Prime Shotgun and consumable Ice-Cream item enter the loot pool with Fortnite v21.30
A brand-new Prime Shotgun will be available in chests, supply drops, and floor loot with v21.30. The stats of this weapon at Rare rarity are:
- Reload Time-4.5
- Clip size– 4
- Headshot damage– 138
- Fire Rate– 1.05
Leaks have revealed that the Prime Shotgun is an explosive weapon with a surprisingly long range for a shotgun. Its damage output is brilliant and the slow fire rate seems to be the only downside.
New consumable items have been added in the form of Ice Cones. These include:
- Lil Whip’s Special Serve for Health and Shield
- Guzzling Icecream Cone which slowly heals health
- Frozen Iceream Cone for Health and it makes things slippery
- Icecream Cone for Health
- Spicy Icecream Cone for Health and Shield
Interestingly, the files of the Burst SMG have been updated as well and it might return soon.
Daily Bugle changes to Daily Bloomgle in Fortnite v21.30 and other map changes
Epic Games has continued the amazing map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3 with the latest update. Daily Bugle, under the effect of the Reality Tree, is now called Daily Bloomgle. As usual, it will now switch between themes based on Neo Tilted, Coral Castle, Colossal Coliseum, and more.
The Reality Tree will continue to grow and after Daily Bugle, it’ll reach Condo Canyon.
Last but not least, a summer-themed stage will be set up on the island for No Sweat Summer. This is where players can expect to complete their event-based quests and earn a ton of XP.
Hotfix updates will be released weekly but no major Fortnite updates will arrive for almost a month now. The developers have already added weekly quests till Week 10, and the Dragon Ball Z crossover will be released after the break.
Fortnite Indiana Jones quests: How to find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines
Fortnite players can finally unlock Indiana Jones with v21.20. They must find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines and here’s a guide for it.
The Indiana Jones quests are finally here in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3. Here’s how you can find the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrines.
While players were expecting Fortnite v21.20 to revolve around No Sweat Summer, it has turned out to be all about Indiana Jones. The secret skin for this season’s Battle Pass is now unlockable through challenges and a brand new POI called Shuffled Shrines has been added to the map.
The Shuffled Shrines puzzle in Fortnite allows players to enter the secret door
First and foremost, you must visit the brand new Shuffled Shrines POI on the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 island. It is located south of Sanctuary, and has been marked in the image below:
After landing, you have to search the location for clues and find four runes on each edge of Shuffled Shrines. They will display one of these Red, Blue, and Yellow symbols:
The runes (clues) will be scattered across Shuffled Shrines and their symbol resets every game. Hence, you should not try copying the patterns that worked for others.
It is important to find the fure runes and then head to the middle of Shuffled Shrines where you will find four interactive runes in front of a door.
Solving the puzzle is basically a game of hit-and-miss. You have to rotate the runes according to the clues. To open the door, the symbols on the runes in front of the door should be identical to the ones that are scattered around Shuffled Shrines.
Apparently, the symbol of the runes on the left should match with the rune located in the southwest corner of Shuffled Shrine. Similarly, the one placed second from the left should match with the rune located on the top right corner (Northwest).
After solving the puzzle correctly, the main chamber should open. However, be careful because the path is full of traps.
Where is the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrine
It is important to note that the challenge doesn’t complete when you solve the puzzle and enter the main chamber. There’s an artifact inside that grants 250 Gold Bars, but more importantly, there’s a secret door to the right of this artifact. The entrance is hidden by green bushes.
Players can enter this area and find two chests inside which should complete the Indiana Jones challenge. This quest will not only provide XP, but will help in unlocking the character’s outfit and a selectable style.
Finding the secret door past the main chamber is clearly more complex than any of the challenges we’ve ever seen in Fortnite. The puzzles and the traps are already too harsh but before that, players must fight a ton of opponents who’ll land to complete the same quest.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...