Patch Notes for v4.2.0 – New Burst Assault Rifle, Apples and more
The Patch Notes for v4.2.0 have been released featuring a new Epic & Legendary Burst Assault Rifle, a new Apple consumable and more. Here’s everything you need to know:
Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle
The Burst Assault Rifle you’ve been asking for… it’s Epic… it’s Legendary.
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
Weapons + Items
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Does 32 / 33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall-off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage increased by 3.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Launch Pad when multiple players activated it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has been increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- This allows for more responsive movement and shooting, and reduces effective ping times for all players.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that occurred when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect.
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above/below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are above you based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting 🔈.
- Boosted the volume of Grenade Launcher explosions to more closely match volume of other explosions 🔊.
- Improved how wind fades out prior to landing when using a glider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out on elimination.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a spectated player’s footsteps/jumps/lands to sound like they were to the left/right if they were moving, especially when looking through a scope.
- Emoting in the lobby can now be triggered by clicking the right analog stick.
- Added an emote button to the bottom of the screen while in the lobby.
- Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights now defaults to off (PC only).
- Fixed an issue that prevented map input from working while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where teammate map indicators wouldn’t display during a match.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the consume timer from displaying while consuming a Hop Rock.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap placement UI to display while looking at surfaces that do not allow trap placement.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap arrow wouldn’t display properly while spectating a player.
Art + Animation
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to affect objects that moved (player-worn bush, soccer balls, etc.).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battlehound’s pants to clip through his tunic when running.
- Fixed issue where Eliminations wouldn’t show up in the Replay browser.
- HUD customization added.
- This is version 1.0, we’ll continue to build this out.
- Added an optimization that limits the number of Sprays rendered at once.
SOURCE: Epic Games
Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
Anime fans in the Fortnite community are waiting for the Dragon Ball Z crossover, and leaks have confirmed that it will bring in Beerus.
Fortnite v21.30 update introduced a ton of new content and the files now have more Dragon Ball Z elements. From skins for Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta to a Bulma reference, here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite players were certainly shocked when they came across leaks regarding a Dragon Ball Z crossover. Both waves of the Naruto cosmetics were a massive hit in the Item Shop and it is evident that the developers now wish to capitalize on other popular anime series.
Leaks previously revealed that four skins will arrive in the first-ever Dragon Ball Z x Fortnite crossover, and one of them is going to be Beerus.
Fortnite is working on a Beerus skin for the Dragon Ball Z crossover
As per prominent leaker HYPEX, Epic Games is working on a purple skin codenamed ‘Cat’. For anyone who’s watched Dragon Ball Z, this isn’t a tough one to crack. Beerus, the god of destruction of Universe 7, perfectly fits this description.
With this, three skins have been confirmed for the upcoming DBZ crossover:
The fourth skin will be a female character according to leaks, and it is safe to assume that it will be Bulma.
Following the v21.30 update, HYPEX discovered that one of the Fortnite x DBZ quests will have a beach umbrella setup. This could be a reference to many things like the Kame House, Bulma, or Beerus but it is too early to confirm it.
The Creative Stamina item that started all the rumors about the crossover will also be available on the map. It might be a part of some quests or the developers might just tease the crossover through it.
Last but not least, the Attack Pods from Dragonball will arrive as Gliders in Fortnite. The 21.30 patch added a glider texture with a striking resemblance to these pods and even its codename, StaminaVigor, suggests that it is related to DBZ.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z crossover to have a special event screen, quests, and rewards
It seems like the DBZ crossover will be quite similar to Naruto. Players can look forward to taking part in challenges that will grant them free DBZ-themed skins. Obviously, this will be accompanied by Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus outfits in the Item Shop.
The official website for the DBZ crossover is in the works. It should become functional by August, which is also when Epic Games will officially announce the collaboration.
As of now, this is everything we know about the upcoming DBZ x Fortnite crossover. The next update for Chapter 3 Season 3 will be out after four weeks, and until then, players can enjoy the new summer-themed content.
Fortnite update v21.30 patch notes: No Sweat Summer event, Prime Shotgun, more
Fortnite v21.30 is finally here. From the No Sweat Summer event to new POIs to weapons, here’s everything that arrived with it.
Ahead of the developers’ summer break, Fortnite has released the v21.30 update. It has arrived with the No Sweat Summer event, map changes like Daily Bloomgle, new Prime Shotgun, and more.
The hype for Fortnite v21.30 was sky-scraping because Epic Games will soon go on a break till the second week of August. This means that the battle royale title won’t experience any live changes for the upcoming weeks, and the latest update should ensure that the community doesn’t get bored.
Fortnite v21.30 brings in a No Sweat Insurance NPC, summer-themed POI, and new No Sweat Summer event quests
Fortnite players desperately wanted to celebrate the summer in battle royale modes this time. Luckily, the No Sweat Summer event is here with the v21.30 update.
No Sweat Insurance quests will replace the Vibin quests for the next four weeks as the Scientist’ research regarding the Reality Tree will be halted temporarily.
No Sweat Summer quests
The latest No Sweat Summer quests in Fortnite are:
- Land after jumping from the Battle Bus during the No Sweat Summer event
- Carry the No Sweat sign and place it at a sponsorship location
- Complete a lap around the boat race circuit after the starting countdown
- Make a Character dance to a Boogie Bom
- Emote at different promotional dance floor locations
- Ring doorbells until they break
- Catch 3 seconds of air while driving a Motorboat
- Remove No Sweat signs from recalled products
- Place the No Sweat signs in an official bin
- Pop No Sweat Summer inflatable objects
- Jump on umbrellas along the beach
- Kick a beach ball and kick a giant beach ball
- Fire off the Firework Flare Gun at Mighty Monument or Tilted Towers
- Bust through doors in different neighborhoods
- Destroy large sea buoys with Motorboat Missiles
These quests will grant 15k XP each and a new Sweaty Sailer umbrella glider will be a free reward for completing them. The quests also indicate that the Boogie Bombs will return soon. The goofy item has been a fan-favorite for ages, and it makes perfect sense for it to return during a Vibin’ themed season.
New summer-themed NPCs will now roam around the island. These include:
- Beach Bomber
- Summer Drift
- The Underwriter
- Boardwalk Ruby
The Underwriter is the newest NPC in Fortnite and represents the New Sweat Insurance building from Tilted Towers. In contrast, Unpeely, Beach Bomber, and Boardwalk Ruby are famous characters who always return during the summer.
Fortnite community to vote for Tilted Tower buildings through Rebuild the Block quests
The restoration of Tilted Towers began in Chapter 3 Season 3. Fortnite asked map builders to come up with their best building designs and nine buildings have made the cut.
In the coming weeks, players will donate bars for the construction projects in Tilted Towers. The building design with the most votes will officially become a part of the POI. This will also help players in completing the Rebuild The Block quests:
- Donate Bars voting for construction projects on The Block
- Survive Storm Phases during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Eliminate enemy players during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Complete Rebuild the Block quest stages (3/7/12).
It is clear that we’ll witness new Rebuild The Block quests every week and the developers are yet to reveal the subsequent stages.
To be fair, the XP crisis in Chapter 3 Season 3 could come to an end now as every Rebuild The Block quest will reward players with 14,000 XP.
New Prime Shotgun and consumable Ice-Cream item enter the loot pool with Fortnite v21.30
A brand-new Prime Shotgun will be available in chests, supply drops, and floor loot with v21.30. The stats of this weapon at Rare rarity are:
- Reload Time-4.5
- Clip size– 4
- Headshot damage– 138
- Fire Rate– 1.05
Leaks have revealed that the Prime Shotgun is an explosive weapon with a surprisingly long range for a shotgun. Its damage output is brilliant and the slow fire rate seems to be the only downside.
New consumable items have been added in the form of Ice Cones. These include:
- Lil Whip’s Special Serve for Health and Shield
- Guzzling Icecream Cone which slowly heals health
- Frozen Iceream Cone for Health and it makes things slippery
- Icecream Cone for Health
- Spicy Icecream Cone for Health and Shield
Interestingly, the files of the Burst SMG have been updated as well and it might return soon.
Daily Bugle changes to Daily Bloomgle in Fortnite v21.30 and other map changes
Epic Games has continued the amazing map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3 with the latest update. Daily Bugle, under the effect of the Reality Tree, is now called Daily Bloomgle. As usual, it will now switch between themes based on Neo Tilted, Coral Castle, Colossal Coliseum, and more.
The Reality Tree will continue to grow and after Daily Bugle, it’ll reach Condo Canyon.
Last but not least, a summer-themed stage will be set up on the island for No Sweat Summer. This is where players can expect to complete their event-based quests and earn a ton of XP.
Hotfix updates will be released weekly but no major Fortnite updates will arrive for almost a month now. The developers have already added weekly quests till Week 10, and the Dragon Ball Z crossover will be released after the break.
Fortnite Indiana Jones quests: How to find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines
Fortnite players can finally unlock Indiana Jones with v21.20. They must find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines and here’s a guide for it.
The Indiana Jones quests are finally here in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3. Here’s how you can find the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrines.
While players were expecting Fortnite v21.20 to revolve around No Sweat Summer, it has turned out to be all about Indiana Jones. The secret skin for this season’s Battle Pass is now unlockable through challenges and a brand new POI called Shuffled Shrines has been added to the map.
The Shuffled Shrines puzzle in Fortnite allows players to enter the secret door
First and foremost, you must visit the brand new Shuffled Shrines POI on the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 island. It is located south of Sanctuary, and has been marked in the image below:
After landing, you have to search the location for clues and find four runes on each edge of Shuffled Shrines. They will display one of these Red, Blue, and Yellow symbols:
The runes (clues) will be scattered across Shuffled Shrines and their symbol resets every game. Hence, you should not try copying the patterns that worked for others.
It is important to find the fure runes and then head to the middle of Shuffled Shrines where you will find four interactive runes in front of a door.
Solving the puzzle is basically a game of hit-and-miss. You have to rotate the runes according to the clues. To open the door, the symbols on the runes in front of the door should be identical to the ones that are scattered around Shuffled Shrines.
Apparently, the symbol of the runes on the left should match with the rune located in the southwest corner of Shuffled Shrine. Similarly, the one placed second from the left should match with the rune located on the top right corner (Northwest).
After solving the puzzle correctly, the main chamber should open. However, be careful because the path is full of traps.
Where is the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrine
It is important to note that the challenge doesn’t complete when you solve the puzzle and enter the main chamber. There’s an artifact inside that grants 250 Gold Bars, but more importantly, there’s a secret door to the right of this artifact. The entrance is hidden by green bushes.
Players can enter this area and find two chests inside which should complete the Indiana Jones challenge. This quest will not only provide XP, but will help in unlocking the character’s outfit and a selectable style.
Finding the secret door past the main chamber is clearly more complex than any of the challenges we’ve ever seen in Fortnite. The puzzles and the traps are already too harsh but before that, players must fight a ton of opponents who’ll land to complete the same quest.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...