Epic has released the Patch Notes for v4.0.0 featuring the Season 4 Battle Pass, new locations and more, here’s everything you need to know:
Brace for impact!
Season 4 is starting off with a BANG. Shards of a massive comet have crashed into the map altering the landscape. Discover gravity-defying Hop Rocks and find new ways to play. Jump in and witness the aftermath of the impact while you level up your Battle Pass and earn all new loot.
The Season 4 Battle Pass is here sporting 100 tiers of awesome new rewards, including new cosmetic items, emotes and Sprays.
Start a movie marathon in Save the World’s latest questline, Blockbuster! Part 1 starts with Five quests and one Landmark Mission. Ray has gone missing and no one knows where she is. With the help of Spitfire and Lok, investigate the comet and gear up to recruit a team of superheroes. Find Ray and bring her back home!
BRACE FOR IMPACT! NEW MAP UPDATE
Shards of the comet have crashed! Many locations have been transformed by its impact. Discover all new points of interest, or find your favorite landing spot changed.
The comet has left a scar on the island… Visit the crater and you’ll find glowing rocks all around.
Consume them and lift off with low gravity!
- Input settings are now filtered based on game mode.
- They’ve also been grouped by category (Combat, Building, Editing, etc.) to make it easier to search through them.
- Added icons for the tabs at the top of the Settings screen.
- Added “Ignore Gamepad Input” option to the Accessibility settings tab.
- This setting can be helpful to players who use external programs to remap their controller input and need the game to ignore the controller input.
- Fixed a crash when using radial menus.
- Improved texture streaming behavior when using a scope.
- Fixed some objects being rendered using low resolution textures.
- Fixed weapon ammo count display in the HUD sometimes being incorrect.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
- Tracking for the Self Refund issue can be found here.
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way.
- Incoming headshots (from above or straight on) will no longer be blocked by your character’s other body parts.
- For example, a shot that hits your target’s hand will be able to penetrate through and hit their head if your aim was on point. You’ll be credited headshot damage instead of normal damage.
- Headshots from below that are blocked by a body part (legs, torso, hands, shoulders, arms) will do normal damage, except for impacts very close to your character’s head.
- This change affects all weapons, except for the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is forced to fall by an opponent.
- On the starting island, you can now see other players (and player-created structures) about three times further away than before.
- Fixed an issue that would cause player built structures to appear intact for a few seconds after eliminating an enemy and destroying the structure at the same time.
- This caused players to “phase through” the structure.
- Fixed cases where pickups moved erratically when sliding down slopes.
- Fixed an issue where destroying a building from under an enemy wouldn’t award kill credit.
- Fixed an issue where swinging the pickaxe could cause movement stuttering.
- Fixed an issue where some pre-placed wooden archways could not be destroyed by player built structures.
- Fixed an issue that made the Battle Bus appear to quickly fly off the map after jumping from it.
- Fixed an issue that would pause a downed players health bar if their reviver disconnected while reviving them.
- You can now mark cosmetic items as favorites in the Locker.
- ‘Random’ option added to each cosmetic equipment slot in the Locker.
- This will randomly choose between items you’ve marked as favorites each match (or from all owned items if nothing is marked as a favorite).
- You are no longer limited to just the 6 slots on your emote wheel for Sprays and Emotes and can now use any of the ones you own in a match!
- The Locker slots act as a page of presets, but you can cycle through to any emotes marked as a favorite and then all emotes, sorted by type (PS4: L1/R1; XB1: LB/RB; PC: Mouse Wheel; Mobile: Buttons added next to radial menu).
- Added new “Locker Emote Slot” button bindings, which allow you to immediately trigger any of your 6 Emote or Spray presets.
- While Auto Run is active, an icon is now displayed.
- Improved the look and feel of the Game options tab.
- Slightly decreased the size of the arrow over players heads when they are close to you.
- The fourth and fifth weapon slots will now default to keys 5 and 6 instead of Z and X when using the “Reset to Defaults” option.
- The 4:3 aspect ratio is now supported.
- Fixed an issue where the compass showed ‘360’ when it should have been ‘359’.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the Inventory screen when opening and closing it very quickly multiple times in a row.
- Fixed an issue where the “Show Net Stats” HUD option would be reset to off after restarting the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused consumable timers to not display when using a consumable immediately after canceling one.
- Fixed a spelling error in the description for Tomatohead.
- The Squad Comms wheel can now be closed with circle on PS4 controllers, and B on Xbox controllers.
- Weapon slot keybinding options are no longer called “Ability Slots” in the input menu.
Weapons + Items
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
- Rocket Launcher aim reticle is now a fixed size regardless of player movement.
- Hit markers are now displayed when looking through a scope.
- Increased pickaxe damage against Supply Llamas, now dealing 50 damage per hit.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon could have no ammo when dropping it immediately after picking it up.
- Improved pickaxe swing responsiveness when switching from a weapon to the pickaxe and immediately holding the swing button.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Hunting Rifles from auto reloading if it was fired immediately after a reload.
- Fixed an issue that allowed grenades to be thrown in rapid succession while sprinting.
- Fixed an issue where aiming a grenade throw and then switching to build mode wouldn’t cancel the throw.
- Fixed an issue with the Builder Pro configuration that caused the players weapon to fire while trying to build in some cases.
- Clingers will now properly cling to falling Supply Drops.
- Added an in-game player list to Replays.
- Leaving a Replay will now take you back to the Replay browser.
- Renaming Replays is now limited to 32 characters.
- Increased the size of name column in Replay browser.
- Fixed the alignment of the eliminations column in Replay browser.
- Fixed an issue where Replay Browser list couldn’t be navigated with gamepad after cancelling renaming a replay.
Art + Animation
- Hunting Rifle mesh and animations have been updated.
- Shotguns, Revolver, Hand Cannon, and Rocket Launcher have had their equip animations improved – they should now match the equip time.
- Their equip timing remains the same.
- The dust cloud that appears on player landings now shows for all players.
- Storm wind now affects trees within the storm.
- Fixed the Supply Llama not playing destruction effects when killed by projectiles.
- Fixed an issue that caused Back Bling to display improperly after using a Launch Pad.
- Players can now emote while rocket riding.
- Adjusted timing on the equip sounds for all Shotguns. The cocking sound will now occur right before the weapon is able to fire.
- Improved volume difference between soft and hard landing sounds.
- Players falling from 1 or more stories will land with a louder audio cue.
- Added unique impact sounds when hitting shrubs, bushes and cornstalks.
- Fixed an issue that caused footstep audio to play when players were mid-air after jumping.
- Fixed an issue where the Minigun equip sound would persist after quickly switching away from it.
- The map marker sound no longer plays when removing a marker.
- Improved smoothness of other players movement on the starting island by increasing network update rates.
- Made significant performance improvements when many players are on-screen by reducing the impact of character parts.
- Optimized hitches that occur when garbage collecting objects.
- Fixed hitches that could happen in games where lots of building occurred.
- Optimized Level-of-Detail (LOD) for buildings in Shifty Shafts and Flush Factory.
- Optimized Input/Output (IO) performance on Consoles to reduce hitches and load times.
- Quickbar now supports drag and drop for dropping and moving inventory items.
- Holding the movement stick in a direction for 3-seconds now enables an option to turn on auto run.
- Adding ‘Repair Building’ button.
- Added ‘Cycle Weapon’ button.
- Made improvements to prevent finger creep.
- Slightly decreased aim assist strength at further distances to allow for easier fine tuning when aiming.
- Grenade indicators are now displayed when grenades are equipped.
- Made improvements to low-end mobile performance by dynamically scaling background draw distances with player height.
- Reduced object draw distance for medium/lower-end iOS devices.
- Fixed the view pop caused by the swiping inertia when lifting your finger off the screen.
- Fixed bugs that were causing some erroneous misfires and input errors.
Fortnite leaks confirm Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta skins for Dragon Ball Z crossover in Chapter 3
Anime fans in the Fortnite community are waiting for the Dragon Ball Z crossover, and leaks have confirmed that it will bring in Beerus.
Fortnite v21.30 update introduced a ton of new content and the files now have more Dragon Ball Z elements. From skins for Beerus, Goku, and Vegeta to a Bulma reference, here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite players were certainly shocked when they came across leaks regarding a Dragon Ball Z crossover. Both waves of the Naruto cosmetics were a massive hit in the Item Shop and it is evident that the developers now wish to capitalize on other popular anime series.
Leaks previously revealed that four skins will arrive in the first-ever Dragon Ball Z x Fortnite crossover, and one of them is going to be Beerus.
Fortnite is working on a Beerus skin for the Dragon Ball Z crossover
As per prominent leaker HYPEX, Epic Games is working on a purple skin codenamed ‘Cat’. For anyone who’s watched Dragon Ball Z, this isn’t a tough one to crack. Beerus, the god of destruction of Universe 7, perfectly fits this description.
With this, three skins have been confirmed for the upcoming DBZ crossover:
The fourth skin will be a female character according to leaks, and it is safe to assume that it will be Bulma.
Following the v21.30 update, HYPEX discovered that one of the Fortnite x DBZ quests will have a beach umbrella setup. This could be a reference to many things like the Kame House, Bulma, or Beerus but it is too early to confirm it.
The Creative Stamina item that started all the rumors about the crossover will also be available on the map. It might be a part of some quests or the developers might just tease the crossover through it.
Last but not least, the Attack Pods from Dragonball will arrive as Gliders in Fortnite. The 21.30 patch added a glider texture with a striking resemblance to these pods and even its codename, StaminaVigor, suggests that it is related to DBZ.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z crossover to have a special event screen, quests, and rewards
It seems like the DBZ crossover will be quite similar to Naruto. Players can look forward to taking part in challenges that will grant them free DBZ-themed skins. Obviously, this will be accompanied by Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus outfits in the Item Shop.
The official website for the DBZ crossover is in the works. It should become functional by August, which is also when Epic Games will officially announce the collaboration.
As of now, this is everything we know about the upcoming DBZ x Fortnite crossover. The next update for Chapter 3 Season 3 will be out after four weeks, and until then, players can enjoy the new summer-themed content.
Fortnite update v21.30 patch notes: No Sweat Summer event, Prime Shotgun, more
Fortnite v21.30 is finally here. From the No Sweat Summer event to new POIs to weapons, here’s everything that arrived with it.
Ahead of the developers’ summer break, Fortnite has released the v21.30 update. It has arrived with the No Sweat Summer event, map changes like Daily Bloomgle, new Prime Shotgun, and more.
The hype for Fortnite v21.30 was sky-scraping because Epic Games will soon go on a break till the second week of August. This means that the battle royale title won’t experience any live changes for the upcoming weeks, and the latest update should ensure that the community doesn’t get bored.
Fortnite v21.30 brings in a No Sweat Insurance NPC, summer-themed POI, and new No Sweat Summer event quests
Fortnite players desperately wanted to celebrate the summer in battle royale modes this time. Luckily, the No Sweat Summer event is here with the v21.30 update.
No Sweat Insurance quests will replace the Vibin quests for the next four weeks as the Scientist’ research regarding the Reality Tree will be halted temporarily.
No Sweat Summer quests
The latest No Sweat Summer quests in Fortnite are:
- Land after jumping from the Battle Bus during the No Sweat Summer event
- Carry the No Sweat sign and place it at a sponsorship location
- Complete a lap around the boat race circuit after the starting countdown
- Make a Character dance to a Boogie Bom
- Emote at different promotional dance floor locations
- Ring doorbells until they break
- Catch 3 seconds of air while driving a Motorboat
- Remove No Sweat signs from recalled products
- Place the No Sweat signs in an official bin
- Pop No Sweat Summer inflatable objects
- Jump on umbrellas along the beach
- Kick a beach ball and kick a giant beach ball
- Fire off the Firework Flare Gun at Mighty Monument or Tilted Towers
- Bust through doors in different neighborhoods
- Destroy large sea buoys with Motorboat Missiles
These quests will grant 15k XP each and a new Sweaty Sailer umbrella glider will be a free reward for completing them. The quests also indicate that the Boogie Bombs will return soon. The goofy item has been a fan-favorite for ages, and it makes perfect sense for it to return during a Vibin’ themed season.
New summer-themed NPCs will now roam around the island. These include:
- Beach Bomber
- Summer Drift
- The Underwriter
- Boardwalk Ruby
The Underwriter is the newest NPC in Fortnite and represents the New Sweat Insurance building from Tilted Towers. In contrast, Unpeely, Beach Bomber, and Boardwalk Ruby are famous characters who always return during the summer.
Fortnite community to vote for Tilted Tower buildings through Rebuild the Block quests
The restoration of Tilted Towers began in Chapter 3 Season 3. Fortnite asked map builders to come up with their best building designs and nine buildings have made the cut.
In the coming weeks, players will donate bars for the construction projects in Tilted Towers. The building design with the most votes will officially become a part of the POI. This will also help players in completing the Rebuild The Block quests:
- Donate Bars voting for construction projects on The Block
- Survive Storm Phases during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Eliminate enemy players during the Rebuild the Block Event
- Complete Rebuild the Block quest stages (3/7/12).
It is clear that we’ll witness new Rebuild The Block quests every week and the developers are yet to reveal the subsequent stages.
To be fair, the XP crisis in Chapter 3 Season 3 could come to an end now as every Rebuild The Block quest will reward players with 14,000 XP.
New Prime Shotgun and consumable Ice-Cream item enter the loot pool with Fortnite v21.30
A brand-new Prime Shotgun will be available in chests, supply drops, and floor loot with v21.30. The stats of this weapon at Rare rarity are:
- Reload Time-4.5
- Clip size– 4
- Headshot damage– 138
- Fire Rate– 1.05
Leaks have revealed that the Prime Shotgun is an explosive weapon with a surprisingly long range for a shotgun. Its damage output is brilliant and the slow fire rate seems to be the only downside.
New consumable items have been added in the form of Ice Cones. These include:
- Lil Whip’s Special Serve for Health and Shield
- Guzzling Icecream Cone which slowly heals health
- Frozen Iceream Cone for Health and it makes things slippery
- Icecream Cone for Health
- Spicy Icecream Cone for Health and Shield
Interestingly, the files of the Burst SMG have been updated as well and it might return soon.
Daily Bugle changes to Daily Bloomgle in Fortnite v21.30 and other map changes
Epic Games has continued the amazing map changes in Chapter 3 Season 3 with the latest update. Daily Bugle, under the effect of the Reality Tree, is now called Daily Bloomgle. As usual, it will now switch between themes based on Neo Tilted, Coral Castle, Colossal Coliseum, and more.
The Reality Tree will continue to grow and after Daily Bugle, it’ll reach Condo Canyon.
Last but not least, a summer-themed stage will be set up on the island for No Sweat Summer. This is where players can expect to complete their event-based quests and earn a ton of XP.
Hotfix updates will be released weekly but no major Fortnite updates will arrive for almost a month now. The developers have already added weekly quests till Week 10, and the Dragon Ball Z crossover will be released after the break.
Fortnite Indiana Jones quests: How to find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines
Fortnite players can finally unlock Indiana Jones with v21.20. They must find the secret door in Shuffled Shrines and here’s a guide for it.
The Indiana Jones quests are finally here in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3. Here’s how you can find the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrines.
While players were expecting Fortnite v21.20 to revolve around No Sweat Summer, it has turned out to be all about Indiana Jones. The secret skin for this season’s Battle Pass is now unlockable through challenges and a brand new POI called Shuffled Shrines has been added to the map.
The Shuffled Shrines puzzle in Fortnite allows players to enter the secret door
First and foremost, you must visit the brand new Shuffled Shrines POI on the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 island. It is located south of Sanctuary, and has been marked in the image below:
After landing, you have to search the location for clues and find four runes on each edge of Shuffled Shrines. They will display one of these Red, Blue, and Yellow symbols:
The runes (clues) will be scattered across Shuffled Shrines and their symbol resets every game. Hence, you should not try copying the patterns that worked for others.
It is important to find the fure runes and then head to the middle of Shuffled Shrines where you will find four interactive runes in front of a door.
Solving the puzzle is basically a game of hit-and-miss. You have to rotate the runes according to the clues. To open the door, the symbols on the runes in front of the door should be identical to the ones that are scattered around Shuffled Shrines.
Apparently, the symbol of the runes on the left should match with the rune located in the southwest corner of Shuffled Shrine. Similarly, the one placed second from the left should match with the rune located on the top right corner (Northwest).
After solving the puzzle correctly, the main chamber should open. However, be careful because the path is full of traps.
Where is the secret door past the main chamber in Shuffled Shrine
It is important to note that the challenge doesn’t complete when you solve the puzzle and enter the main chamber. There’s an artifact inside that grants 250 Gold Bars, but more importantly, there’s a secret door to the right of this artifact. The entrance is hidden by green bushes.
Players can enter this area and find two chests inside which should complete the Indiana Jones challenge. This quest will not only provide XP, but will help in unlocking the character’s outfit and a selectable style.
Finding the secret door past the main chamber is clearly more complex than any of the challenges we’ve ever seen in Fortnite. The puzzles and the traps are already too harsh but before that, players must fight a ton of opponents who’ll land to complete the same quest.
How to get the Dish Destroyer pickaxe in Fortnite Season 3
Another exclusive pickaxe arrives to Fortnite in Season 3 and it sure looks quite different. Here's how you can get...
Fortnite players call on Epic Games to fix Loot Chests bug in Season 3
As the latest Fortnite Season 3 update brought players a No Sweat Summer, it left a weird bug in the...
Fortnite introduces the new Prime Shotgun in update v21.30
Prime Shotgun is the latest game breaking weapon that has been added to Fortnite in v21.30. Here's all about the...